Memo Board DIY

Today I'm posting the DIY for this memo board, that I promised to share a few weeks ago. It is such an easy project, and a fun one too!


Remember how I reorganized my kitchen recently? I also put up a memo board to keep grocery lists, fun pictures, don't-forget-to-notes, postcards and other paper goods organized and close at hand.


Here's how I've done it:

I bought a medium sized cork memo board at the local hardware store, and decided to give it a base layer or two of white paint.



Then I drew on a chevron pattern with a ruler and a pencil. I had been looking to use some chevron pattern in the house, because I think it's really lovely and secretly gives a little retro feeling as well, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. Of course you can draw on any pattern that you like, though I think something geometric and a little clean definitely looks the best.



I filled in the pattern with water based paint in a blue/green to get a nice contrast. Honestly, I wish that I hadn't used paint but used my paint pen instead (a Posca pen would have done the job quite well) to get a more even result and a more straight line at the edges. Oh well.




Finally, I added some texture by putting up ribbon in the same color scheme to the pattern (I totally forgot to make a picture of this step. Sorry!). Just wait until the paint is dry, and then stick on the ribbon with hobby glue in the pattern of your choice. Easy peasy.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm looking forward to hear from you! Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Try to keep things light though, that totally makes my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...